Agency Update - Covid-19
Following the direction of the Provincial Government Effective January 14, 2021 DSLG has transitioned to a working with precautionary measures model to ensure the safety of the individuals we are supporting and staff. In keeping the safety of our individuals and staff as a top priority, we will transition most staff to working from home to mitigate the risk to all for the duration of the stay at home order. We will re-evaluate the risks throughout this period and extend the time frame if necessary. This means all location doors will be locked and face to face interactions will be limited. If you receive supports from DSLG your coordinator will be in contact with you throughout this period and support you in the safest way. Please know we will still continue to operate and provide services and supports to individuals during this time period as best as possible.
Students beginning post-secondary education who reside in Leeds and Grenville and are registered in a program related to the field of
developmental disabilities are invited to apply for one of the following awards:
1. $750 to a first year student registered in a recognized college in one of the following programs:
- Developmental Service Worker
- Behavioural Science and Technology
- Child and Youth Care
- Early Childhood Education
- Social Service Worker
- Mental Wellness and Addictions Worker
2. $1000 to a first year student registered in a recognized university in one of the following programs:
- B.A.A. Behavioural Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education
- Social Work
- Speech Pathologist
- Occupational Therapy
3.R. G. McMullen Award - $1000 to a student registered in a graduate program in one of the above noted programs.
Applications are reviewed by a selection committee and successful applicants will receive a one-time award.
Deadline for applications is: June 15th (annually)
2020 Student Award Recipients