DSLG's Housing & Program Initiatives Facilitator will assist individuals to source innovative housing opportunities, transition to a new living arrangement and provide a variety of teaching and learning strategies, community support skills, and relationship arrangements. They will provide ongoing in-home and community supports to enhance daily living activities, relationships, and employment and social engagement skills. These activities will focus on continuous learning which are meaningful and skill-based and bring opportunity and pleasure as the individuals gain greater independence for their desired life experience.
- 2 year Community College diploma, preferably DSW, CYW
- 3 years' practical experience with individuals who have a developmental disability in a community setting
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs and best practice service standards for persons with developmental disabilities
- Understanding of the impact of a developmental disability on the individual and family
- Good interpersonal skills, personal maturity and the ability to be a positive role model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- CPR, First Aid and pharmacology training
- Certification in non-violent crisis intervention (CPI)
- Valid Ontario driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
How to Apply
Deadline for applications is March 15, 2019 at 4:00pm. Please forward all applications to Krista Beaupre, Human Resources Manager
Developmental Services of Leeds and Grenville welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.